I am so excited to share with you my make-up and fashion goodies that I’ve been “collecting” and getting here in the UK! I’m really into affordable drugstore or “high street” as they call it here brands because I know that these are the products that I can’t get anywhere else but in the UK or London! And, with the store coming along, it also makes for a healthier wallet and a few more savings! :) That being said, the best place to go here in London is Superdrug which is a health/beauty store just like Watsons in Singapore and Priceline in Australia.
We’ve all heard of Sleek and BarryM I’m sure if you’re a beauty blog reader and it was so cool seeing the actual counter at the store! There’s the Sleek Counter and there’s also BarryM as well. Usually we only see these brands on blogs and online shops. But enough talk, here’s what I got!
1. Sleek Face Form Contouring Palette – love at first sight! This has a beautiful blush, matte bronzer and highlighter that’s just the perfect shimmer in an all in one palette. Plus, they have ample quantities of each. Imagine never having to lug around three products anymore. Just grab this and go! Totally review worthy!
2. MUA Nail Constellation (Nail Caviar Pearls) – Who doesn’t want to make their nails like cupcakes with sprinkles on top! Check out my blog post on putting them on. They’re great, easy to use and cheap as well.
3. MUA Professional Brow Kit – I’ve been reading loads of UK beauty blogs lately and everyone seems to be reviewing the professional brow kit from MUA (otherwise known as Make-Up Academy). I like how it has highlighter, wax, the brow definer and even a pair of tweezers. To be honest, the highlighters come off as a bit light though so you might want to be careful there!
4. Vaseline Pink Bubbly Lip Balm – My friend Ting recommended me this lip balm and I am in love with the smell. It’s a limited edition flavour and smells like grapefruit and a bit of champagne. Very classy and of course pretty moisturising too. It also adds a nice sheen to the lips when applied.
5. Simple Intensive Moisturiser – If there’s winter, my body tends to dry up fast and even show a bit of cracking. I know that’s horrible so I need an intensive moisturiser. With no fragrance or extra irritants, I’ll see how this goes. However, it is quite hard to blend in so far!
6. MUA Heaven & Earth Palette – The moment I saw this, I thought it would be a great dupe for the Naked 2 Palette. I love how it is lightweight and actually has great colours and pigmentation. I wouldn’t say it’s an exact dupe as it’s missing a few colours but it’s for sure good effort and beats the price hands down.
7. BarryM Black Nail Paint – The only reason why I got this was because I needed a black nail polish for the MUA nail constellation *cheesy smile*. It’s an average nail polish but I’m for sure on the lookout to try more BarryM. Any suggestions?
I’ve also been caught shopping at Primark lately as well. Primark is a super affordable shop to get all your clothes especially basics, is actually pretty fashionable and trendy, and also has a Men’s and Home floor as well! It’s a great place to take a break from all the swanky boutiques to get your winter cardigans or even cute tops at great prices.
I am in love with sheer, chiffon tops. Of course I won’t be wearing these during the winter in London, but these are essentials for the Singapore weather when I’m back. I love the pearl beaded collar on this!
And then I got a straight cut floral top as well! It has a cut in the back and I really like it!
Of course no haul is complete without some bottoms. I chose lace shorts. These were an affordable 12 or so pounds which I thought was really value for money.
I’m probably known in my family to very easily break shoes. So I also picked up two pairs of those flats. They’re basic, cute and classic and I also scored a pair of ankle heeled boots. I love these and they add a bit of “spice” into any winter look.
Last but not least, I’m actually wearing some of the jewlery from my upcoming online store. Would love your support for it at the facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/roseanne.sg And once we get to 1,000 likes, there will be a mega giveaway across all my channels!
I really hoped you like this haul. I’ve had an incredible month in London so far. I even got recognised at the tube station by one of you which was a bit of a shock, but for sure a pleasant one. Shoutout to Grace! I start make-up school tomorrow!! I won’t be able to paint my nails except on the weekend. I don’t know what to expect but I hope it’ll be good and I can’t wait to share some make-up tips and tricks with you!
Show some lovin’ and like my upcoming Online Store’s Facebook Page at http://www.facebook.com/roseanne.sg