I know, I know, I have been absent for far too long. But before you whip out the ruler, I have been concentrating on school, uni, commerce, and subjects. You know the boring stuff of my life (sort of). So it’s justified! I have just gotten fast internet, changed my provider and I don’t particularly feel like doing work right now because I am in a celebratory mood. Yes, faster internet makes my upload time dwindle from 11 hours to 1 hour. What’s not to love?
If you’ve been following my twitter (which you should at: www.twitter.com/roseannetangrs), you’d know that I’m currently using the Erno Laszlo products that were sent to me a few weeks ago but I never put up the haul video because I wanted to wait for my faster internet.
What’s Erno Laszlo?
It’s the stuff Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn and Jackie Kennedy used and other A-list celebrities in the 1930s. In fact, this was the stuff that was found in Marilyn Monroe’s bathroom when she passed away. This is they guy who invented sunscreens, ph balances, customized skincare rituals, skincare for teens and skincare for men. Yea, I didn’t believe it at first. It’s one of those things you take for granted like the guy who invented mascara, someone had to do it in the first place right? Awesome.
A bit of lowdown on the company:
1. It’s a high end company. Products sold on Saks Fifth Avenue and based in New York. Prices range from high thirties to two hundreds in US Dollars
2. It has Hungarian roots..speaking of Hungary..I’m actually really hungry right now. Omnomn.
3. It is most famous for its splashing-hot-water-on-your-face-technique which I will explain later. Using water to heal the skin is it’s primary basis.
What did I get?
Sample sizes of:
1. The Active Phelityl Oil ($39 US):
This is a pre-cleansing oil. i think the concept is very similar to Shu Uemura Cleansing OIl. It’s supposed to:
I’m a bit wary of this because my skin absolutely goes ballistic when I put any sort of cream or oil product on it. :) You rub this all over the face before you use your cleanser, and don’t take it off before you go on to the next step.
2. Sea Mud Soap (US$39)
The process for using this is rather lengthy. I have to first:
1. Fill my basin with hot water (Use a sink stopper to stop water form exiting)
2. Wet the bar in the water and rub all over my face
3. Later it up on my face with the water
4. Splash 20 times, the water in the basin and the soap and the oil will form a ‘treatment water’
5. Release water and splash hot water onto face with running water
A bit long, don’t you think?
4. Light Controlling Lotion ($US 39)
Oh no, another toner. Hope it doesn’t break me out!
Wish me luck!
Trust me, I’m interesting
Keep the contest coming, it’s ending in like a week!