What is the Difference between a BB Cream and a Foundation?
Simple. There are many differences. A BB cream can be used as a make-up base or a very sheer foundation at best. It’s major selling point is that it is a make-up and skincare product, so it tends to have more skincare benefits than a liquid foundation does. It also provides less coverage.
Therefore, a bb cream and foundation differs most in these areas:
1. Coverage – BB creams provide less coverage than can a liquid foundation. It’s better for those don’t-feel-like-wearing make-up days or if you have flawless skin.
2. Skin-care benefits – BB creams are likely to provide more skin-care benefits, usually with the addition of specific ingredients to hydrate or repair your skin whereas a liquid foundation is just make-up.
3. Color Range – BB creams have very limited color ranges – usually 1 or 2 shades – that are in the fair color range – NC25 and below. Liquid foundations tend to have 5 to 10 shades available. You should also be careful of BB cream undertones which tend to be pink instead of yellow based that can make you look a little ashy.
4. Application – BB creams are best applied with your fingers. Simply dot a little bit of the product all over the face and pat the product into the skin with your fingers until you have a flawless face. Liquid foundations can be applied with stippling brushes, paddle brushes, kabukis or your own fingers. For more foundation applications methods, check this post out: 5 Awesome Ways to Apply Your Foundation
I hope you found this helpful!
For more posts on BB creams, check out the following posts:
1. L’Egere Multi White BB Cream Review
2. Back to Basics: All You Need to Know About BB Creams
3. Rachel K CC Cream Review
Hope you found this helpful!
♡ YouTube Channel | Facebook Page| Online Store | Hellocotton | Bloglovin’ | Twitter | Instagram